Monday 28 April 2014

I Am A Ghost

Finally a horror movie I am really excited for! I Am A Ghost has a pseudo-70's feeling that I am totally looking forward for. In a time when mainstream horror is full of remakes and uninspiring concepts, I have often turned to the indie and foreign market for my horror fix (where I discovered such great films as Martyrs and Dead Girl).
It has the feel of Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, and even such art-house films like Fellini's Juliet of the Spirits. Even the design of the trailer has a vintage quality. I am a huge fan of 1970's horror cinema and of psychological/atmospheric horror. The trailer compares it to a combination of Kubrick, Bergman, and Hitchcock, all who have done amazing work being some of the most respected directors in film history. 

The concept is simple: a woman is alone in a house and talking to a disembodied voice who says she is a medium trying to help her move on because she is a ghost. the film proclaims to be an experiment in memory. What does a person remember about their death after they have died? I am curious to find out. The film seems scary, experimental, and beautiful. This is the horror film I have been waiting for!

It was officially released in October 2013 but I just heard of it recently. Check out the trailer below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment