Tuesday 20 May 2014

I Fink It's Freeky And I Like It A Lot

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I think Die Antwoord are some of the most creative artists around these days. I generally don't listen to a lot of pop music (including hip-hop and dance music) but every now and then something comes up that I just can't get enough of (usually everyone else I know gets sick of). This happened with Psy's Gangnam Style (I know, I know - but I loved it!).
So I first heard Die Antwoord's crazy tunes when I saw the video for Rich Bitch, which was kind of a history lesson on Yolandi's life and how she became a success. It's pretty ridiculous and when I first heard them I didn't really like it. Then I saw the video for I Fink You Freeky and my perception of them was turned out. This video is nuts! It's all shot from the same perspective, creating a tableau mise-en-scene a la Wes Anderson.
What do you think of this crazy video? Do you think it's just stupid and worthless modern music (if you dare call it that)? Or do you think this is true art and Die Antwoord are brilliant composers of the hip-hop/dance world?

No comments:

Post a Comment