Tuesday 11 March 2014

Thunderstruck Cellos!

I thought this was incredible! In a little under a month this video has hit over 10 million views. I think I had seen the gentlemen from 2CELLOS play before, but this was unprecedented. Luka Sulic and Stjepan Hauser, two classically trained Croations who met at a master class in their home country, have blown the world away with their blazing cover of AC/DC's Thunderstruck using only their two cellos. They don't just play the strings though: they slam their feet, punch the body of their instruments, and head-bang along to the metallic riffs, all while adorned in a Victorian wardrobe in a period set-piece (which delivers a perfectly comedic scenario in the video). This performance has turned rock on its head for me and has re-established my hopes for the art of the music video. Bravo!


No comments:

Post a Comment